Vision Tactical Media
With the large volume of traffic expected to hit South Africa’s roads over the next few weeks for the Easter weekend and other public holidays, motorists are encouraged to thoroughly plan and take steps to be safer on the road.
But before you embark on your journey, ensure the security of your home, this is of utmost importance.
Household burglaries are particularly frequent during the holidays as criminals view unoccupied houses as easy targets.
Below Are Some Tips From Vision Tactical To Keep In Mind:
- Remove all post and newspapers from your post box and get someone you trust to continue removing them while you are away.
- Do not leave lights on. Rather install a timer if you are able to.
- Remember to activate your alarm system. If you do not have an alarm system, have one installed if you can.
- Remember not to inform a lot of people that you are going away. Instead, tell someone you trust and also inform them when they should expect you back.
- Always be alert while driving. Watch that you are not being followed. Be vigilant when stopping at traffic lights or stop streets.
- If you suspect that you are being followed, go to the closest police station or to a busy area. Also remember to keep all valuables in the boot. Keep your doors locked and windows closed.
- You should also leave ample space between you and the car in front of you in order to escape should you need to. Also remember to pay close attention to your surroundings when close to your house. If you see something suspicious, rather drive away instead of stopping at your house.
- You can call and ask your security company to escort you home or alert the police. Be vigilant when stopping in front of your gate and waiting for it to open or be opened.
- When driving, avoid speeding. Also ensure that your vehicle is roadworthy.
- Do not stop on highways or areas that look unsafe. If something is wrong with your vehicle, try to get to a busy area if possible. Save roadside assistance numbers on your phone as well.
+27 64 400 0000