Vision Tactical Media
Below are some safety tips from Vision Tactical that you can make use of in order to stave off dangerous elements or possible threats from your home when you are alone:
- Keep all doors locked. Only open the door for people you are expecting.
- Keep information about being home alone offline.
- If someone who is not expected comes to the door, do not answer it. If that person persists to come in, DO NOT let them in. Call the police.
- Make emergency phone numbers readily available for your children (e.g., posted near the home phone).
- If your children have cell phones, program the numbers for them.
- Make sure your children have a way to reach someone (e.g., a family member, a family friend, a neighbour) at all times.
- If you have an alarm at home, arm your entire property – bypassing the inside of your home where there is going to be physical movement.
- Home owners are advised to check their alarm systems, ensuring that there is adequate battery supply.
- People are urged to remain vigilant during power cuts and be on the lookout for any suspicious activity and report this to their security company or the police immediately.
- Finally, ensure that some lights are switched on inside your home which is made visible to the outside.
As Muslims prepare for the commencement of the holy month of Ramadhaan, jubilation fills each and every person’s home during this auspicious time – becoming a victim of a traumatic incident where criminals try their luck is something no one wants to experience, especially during this time.
Follow these safety tips to secure your home and to ensure your safety.
Contact Vision Tactical’s 24 Hour Response Line On 084 222 2222 for more information.