Johannesburg Road Agency (JRA)’s rehabilitation project of the Double Decker bridge on the M1 freeway is at an advanced stage. JRA Managing Director, Dr Sean Phillips has indicated that the Double Decker rehabilitation project will have increased traffic implications for motorists, from Saturday, 4 February to 18 February 2017.
The Double Decker bridge rehabilitation includes structural repairs, rehabilitation and maintenance to bridge beams, asphalt surfacing, expansion joints, drainage systems and the installation of new road signs.
The majority of the repairs are presently being carried out at night to avoid traffic disruption. However, to ensure the project reaches completion in the shortest amount of time with minimal impact to motorists, the following changes will be implemented during the rehabilitation phase:
Commencing Saturday, 4 February – Saturday, 18 February two lanes out of the four lanes northbound within the Double Decker section will be closed; this will be reduced to the closure of one lane during peak hour traffic. Motorists are urged to familiarise themselves with the lane reductions during off-peak and peak times, plan their routes in advance to avoid delays and to consider alternative routes.
The City’s Rea Vaya Bus Rapid Transit system, Metrobus, Metrorail, Gautrain and taxi’s may be considered as alternative transportation for commuters. Traffic applications that can be downloaded from Google Maps, and media will provide alerts on possible traffic jams and delays.
Follow JRA for the latest developments, journey planning tips, alternative routes, and traffic advisory via:
Facebook: Johannesburg Roads Agency
JRA Find&Fix mobile app
About the Johannesburg Roads Agency (JRA)
The JRA is a City-owned agency responsible for the maintenance, repair and development of Johannesburg’s road network and storm water infrastructure, including bridges and culverts, traffic lights and signage. The organisation is committed to providing quality roads that are accessible, safe and liveable for our communities.
Ops Manager: CRM, Marketing and Communications
Johannesburg Roads Agency
Tel: 011 298 5023 / 079 510 4186
- Why you need to stop giving money to beggars in South A...July 29, 2016 - 8:41 am
- GREEN TEAM – ANOTHER VISION TACTICAL INITIATIVE TO GIVE...January 15, 2019 - 2:42 pm
- Female Employee Shot Dead At Killarney MallDecember 24, 2019 - 3:56 pm
- Christmas Eve : Intervention unit booking on duty to respond...December 24, 2018 - 2:32 pm
- VISION TACTICAL LAUNCHES INTERVENTION UNIT TO COMBAT CR...January 31, 2017 - 11:48 am
- Specialised Support Units Increase Visibility & #CrimePrevention...July 23, 2021 - 11:16 am
- Specialised Support Units Assist Aid Org’s Deliver...July 22, 2021 - 12:24 pm
- Nelson Mandela Day Was Observed Not As A Country On Its...July 19, 2021 - 12:03 pm
- Say what you want but we should NEVER say it with violence...July 15, 2021 - 12:58 pm
- Unprecedented Levels of Violent Protests Across Gauteng...July 12, 2021 - 4:11 pm
- […] Settlement. A HUGE THANKS to the volunteers and...May 29, 2021 - 11:03 pm by Superhero Catherine Constantinides and her team Feed 500 People in the Booysens Informal Settlement - Life is an Adventure or Nothing #DifferentIsCOOL
- […] and her team joined forces with Pick n Pay Stonehill...May 28, 2021 - 11:07 pm by Superhero Catherine Constantinides and her team Joined Forces with Pick n Pay Stonehill Crossing, Albany Bread, Bartlet Eggs and the VTAC Green Team to feed Solwazi Primary on #WorldHungerDay - Life is an Adventure or Nothing #DifferentIsCOOL
- […] Constantinides and her team joined forces with...May 28, 2021 - 9:57 pm by Superhero Catherine Constantinides and her team Joined Forces with Pick n Pay Stonehill Crossing, Bartlet Eggs and the VTAC Green Team to feed Solwazi Primary on #WorldHungerDay - Life is an Adventure or Nothing #DifferentIsCOOL
- […] the last week of heritage and arbour months, Vision...October 7, 2020 - 8:55 pm by Community comes together to plant trees – Green Team
- Vision the team spiritJune 6, 2020 - 6:24 pm by Carter chirapuse
VISION TACTICAL (PTY) LTD.
Vision Tactical (Pty) Ltd. is a member of the Private Security Industry Regulatory Authority (PSIRA).
- PSIRA: 2464883
- COMPANY REG: 2014/226522/07
- VAT: 4330267412
Control Room : 084 222 2222
Registered Office : 49 West Street, Houghton, Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa
HR Officers :
- Johannesburg – Houghton
- Johannesburg – Amalgam
- Cape Town
Social Media :
© 2016 VISION TACTICAL (Pty) Ltd.
All rights reserved. VISION TACTICAL, the VISION TACTICAL logo, and the product/service names listed on this domain are marks and/or registered marks. Third party marks are the property of their respective owners.