Over the next few days members of Vision Tactical will be engaging stakeholders to develop a framework for the implementation of crime prevention interventions in Joburg, by providing funding to strategically selected projects that contribute to preventing and reducing crime and to increasing knowledge about what works in crime prevention.
Through a network of partnerships, memorandums of understanding, and affiliations including consultations with law enforcement, the forum will address priority crime issues for direct intervention projects that will strengthen community partnership projects.
“All South Africans deserve to feel safe and to have their most fundamental rights protected. That is why it is important for us to work to address the fight against crime as a collective” – Yaseen Theba, Director- Vision Tactical. We know that when we remove barriers to engage and make our communities safe places to live, everyone benefits.”
Vision Tactical has been working on ways to partner with communities and law enforcement to develop collaborative approaches to addressing the community safety concerns of communities for years. This initiative will help devise a roadmap to better understand how we address the concerns we have heard over many years. “We are thankful to the law enforcement entities and partners for their pledge of support, which will help us start to improve safety in communities.”
7th February 2019
Dear Houghton Resident,
Our magnificent old trees are under attack by an invasive beetle known as the shot hole borer (Polyphagous Shothole borer).
This beetle, which originated in Vietnam, is cutting a massive trail of destruction throughout Johannesburg and the trees of Houghton are dying as a result of this terrible infestation.
Between 100000 and 500000 trees are expected to be lost in the next five years. Can you imagine walking into your garden and finding that your cherished trees have turned to bare dead sticks and can you imagine strolling down the street in this burning heat and there is only an occasional tree left to give you some shade?
Look around you carefully and you will see trees that have already died and trees that have many exposed bare branches, especially Oak, Plane and Maple trees. The very nature of our special suburb will change. This is the reality that we are facing.
Unfortunately dealing with this pest is a complex and difficult matter. There are no easy solutions. The Lower Houghton residents Association (LHRA) is arranging for an expert arborist to speak to us about the problem. He will help us identify
infected trees and do a short walkabout in the suburb to demonstrate the effect of this infestation. He will also discuss treatment options.
When: Saturday, 23rd February
Venue: 19 Sixth Avenue Houghton Estate
For extra comfort bring a folding chair. If it is raining the meeting will be held indoors.
Phone No: 087 354 3738
Please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org or sms 082-325-5270 so that we know how many people to expect. If there is a large demand for this information a further meeting will be arranged.
Tel No: 082-899-1785
Lower Houghton Residents Association (LHRA)
- Why you need to stop giving money to beggars in South A...July 29, 2016 - 8:41 am
- GREEN TEAM – ANOTHER VISION TACTICAL INITIATIVE TO GIVE...January 15, 2019 - 2:42 pm
- Female Employee Shot Dead At Killarney MallDecember 24, 2019 - 3:56 pm
- Christmas Eve : Intervention unit booking on duty to respond...December 24, 2018 - 2:32 pm
- VISION TACTICAL LAUNCHES INTERVENTION UNIT TO COMBAT CR...January 31, 2017 - 11:48 am
- Specialised Support Units Increase Visibility & #CrimePrevention...July 23, 2021 - 11:16 am
- Specialised Support Units Assist Aid Org’s Deliver...July 22, 2021 - 12:24 pm
- Nelson Mandela Day Was Observed Not As A Country On Its...July 19, 2021 - 12:03 pm
- Say what you want but we should NEVER say it with violence...July 15, 2021 - 12:58 pm
- Unprecedented Levels of Violent Protests Across Gauteng...July 12, 2021 - 4:11 pm
- […] Settlement. A HUGE THANKS to the volunteers and...May 29, 2021 - 11:03 pm by Superhero Catherine Constantinides and her team Feed 500 People in the Booysens Informal Settlement - Life is an Adventure or Nothing #DifferentIsCOOL
- […] and her team joined forces with Pick n Pay Stonehill...May 28, 2021 - 11:07 pm by Superhero Catherine Constantinides and her team Joined Forces with Pick n Pay Stonehill Crossing, Albany Bread, Bartlet Eggs and the VTAC Green Team to feed Solwazi Primary on #WorldHungerDay - Life is an Adventure or Nothing #DifferentIsCOOL
- […] Constantinides and her team joined forces with...May 28, 2021 - 9:57 pm by Superhero Catherine Constantinides and her team Joined Forces with Pick n Pay Stonehill Crossing, Bartlet Eggs and the VTAC Green Team to feed Solwazi Primary on #WorldHungerDay - Life is an Adventure or Nothing #DifferentIsCOOL
- […] the last week of heritage and arbour months, Vision...October 7, 2020 - 8:55 pm by Community comes together to plant trees – Green Team
- Vision the team spiritJune 6, 2020 - 6:24 pm by Carter chirapuse
VISION TACTICAL (PTY) LTD.
Vision Tactical (Pty) Ltd. is a member of the Private Security Industry Regulatory Authority (PSIRA).
- PSIRA: 2464883
- COMPANY REG: 2014/226522/07
- VAT: 4330267412
Control Room : 084 222 2222
Registered Office : 49 West Street, Houghton, Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa
HR Officers :
- Johannesburg – Houghton
- Johannesburg – Amalgam
- Cape Town
Social Media :
© 2016 VISION TACTICAL (Pty) Ltd.
All rights reserved. VISION TACTICAL, the VISION TACTICAL logo, and the product/service names listed on this domain are marks and/or registered marks. Third party marks are the property of their respective owners.