KILLARNEY – Two suspects arrested following recovery of a hijacked Nestle truck.
Two men will appear in court after a truck was hijacked in Kempton Park on 22 June.
According to Yaseen Theba of Vision Tactical Armed Response, the Nestle truck was reported stolen by a tracking company on the morning of 22 June and its signal was picked up in the Killarney, Yeoville and Houghton areas.
Hours later, the missing truck was recovered on the corner of 2nd Avenue and 3rd Street in Killarney. Theba said the contents of the truck had been offloaded and only some wrappings of the stolen chocolates remained in the truck.
“Our guys were able to locate the truck in less than 30 seconds of the call because of high density in those areas,” said Theba.
In a statement, Metro police’s Chief Superintendent Wayne Minnaar confirmed the arrest of two suspects.
Minnaar said, “Metro police officers discovered chocolates at a house in Lenasia Ext 9 on 25 June. These chocolates were suspected to have been removed from the Nestle truck found abandoned in Killarney on Thursday.
“More information led officers to a house in Kew where some more chocolates were found, as well as a machine which was used to change the expiry date on chocolates and on Red Bull cans.”
Two suspects have been charged with theft and hijacking
“The men will likely appear in court on 27 June for the theft of chocolates worth thousands of rands,” said Minnaar.”
The one suspect will appear in Lenasia Magistrates’ Court and the other in Wynberg Magistrates’ Court.
Johannesburg – Yet another Joburg family has fought back against robbers who gained entry to their property, shooting one of them in the head.
A shoot-out ensued at a Hyde Park home on Thursday afternoon after a man in his forties noticed four men wearing black balaclavas entering his yard.
Police spokesman Warrant Officer Moses Maphakela said the man first saw the intruders trying to open his gate at about 2pm. When they eventually gained entry, he screamed, prompting a second man to emerge from the house.
“The robbers began shooting at the two men, and the second man shot back,” said Maphakela.
“One of the man’s bullets struck one of the robbers in the head. The suspects realised they were in trouble and fled in an Audi A4.”
From Hyde Park, the men drove their accomplice to Charlotte Maxeke Academic Hospital, dumping him outside before fleeing.
“They just left him there,” said Maphakela.
The wounded robber, a 30-year-old man, died at the hospital. Upon hearing that one of the robbers had been hurt in the crossfire, police had sent officers to every hospital in town to track him down. Police later recovered the getaway car, which had been reported stolen earlier this month.
Maphakela said the passenger side of the car was riddled with bullet holes and blood covered the backseat.
Police also found a 9mm gun which appears to have been dropped by one of the suspects as they fled. Its serial number had been filed off.
The three suspects are still at large, but police have opened cases of attempted robbery and attempted murder and are investigating.
This is not the first time Joburg residents have fought back against would-be robbers.
One afternoon in August, several men tried to rob a home in Kibler Park belonging to a married couple who happened to be police officers.
The couple realised what was happening in time to position themselves, armed, at the front door and a window.
When one of the men came in, he looked straight into the barrel of a gun. As he ran away, the wife shot him in the legs and genitals. His accomplices, who fled, were later apprehended in a botched getaway.
This was just a month after three men broke into a home in Glenvista belonging to a couple in their fifties in the middle of the night.
The intruders were not prepared for the wife who slept with a gun under her pillow. She shot both of the robbers who entered her bedroom. One died at the scene while the other managed to make it to the patio before he, too, died.
- Why you need to stop giving money to beggars in South A...July 29, 2016 - 8:41 am
- GREEN TEAM – ANOTHER VISION TACTICAL INITIATIVE TO GIVE...January 15, 2019 - 2:42 pm
- Female Employee Shot Dead At Killarney MallDecember 24, 2019 - 3:56 pm
- Christmas Eve : Intervention unit booking on duty to respond...December 24, 2018 - 2:32 pm
- VISION TACTICAL LAUNCHES INTERVENTION UNIT TO COMBAT CR...January 31, 2017 - 11:48 am
- [LISTEN] Lenasia & Houghton Take Up Fight Against COVID-19...August 11, 2021 - 1:41 pm
- Specialised Support Units Increase Visibility & #CrimePrevention...July 23, 2021 - 11:16 am
- Specialised Support Units Assist Aid Org’s Deliver...July 22, 2021 - 12:24 pm
- Nelson Mandela Day Was Observed Not As A Country On Its...July 19, 2021 - 12:03 pm
- Say what you want but we should NEVER say it with violence...July 15, 2021 - 12:58 pm
- […] Settlement. A HUGE THANKS to the volunteers and...May 29, 2021 - 11:03 pm by Superhero Catherine Constantinides and her team Feed 500 People in the Booysens Informal Settlement - Life is an Adventure or Nothing #DifferentIsCOOL
- […] and her team joined forces with Pick n Pay Stonehill...May 28, 2021 - 11:07 pm by Superhero Catherine Constantinides and her team Joined Forces with Pick n Pay Stonehill Crossing, Albany Bread, Bartlet Eggs and the VTAC Green Team to feed Solwazi Primary on #WorldHungerDay - Life is an Adventure or Nothing #DifferentIsCOOL
- […] Constantinides and her team joined forces with...May 28, 2021 - 9:57 pm by Superhero Catherine Constantinides and her team Joined Forces with Pick n Pay Stonehill Crossing, Bartlet Eggs and the VTAC Green Team to feed Solwazi Primary on #WorldHungerDay - Life is an Adventure or Nothing #DifferentIsCOOL
- […] the last week of heritage and arbour months, Vision...October 7, 2020 - 8:55 pm by Community comes together to plant trees – Green Team
- Vision the team spiritJune 6, 2020 - 6:24 pm by Carter chirapuse
VISION TACTICAL (PTY) LTD.
Vision Tactical (Pty) Ltd. is a member of the Private Security Industry Regulatory Authority (PSIRA).
- PSIRA: 2464883
- COMPANY REG: 2014/226522/07
- VAT: 4330267412
Control Room : 084 222 2222
Registered Office : 49 West Street, Houghton, Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa
HR Officers :
- Johannesburg – Houghton
- Johannesburg – Amalgam
- Cape Town
Social Media :
© 2016 VISION TACTICAL (Pty) Ltd.
All rights reserved. VISION TACTICAL, the VISION TACTICAL logo, and the product/service names listed on this domain are marks and/or registered marks. Third party marks are the property of their respective owners.