Use Medical ID to save your important health information. Medical ID helps first responders access your critical medical information from the Lock screen, without needing your passcode.
Your Medical ID provides medical information about you that may be important in an emergency, like allergies and medical conditions as well as who to contact in case of an emergency. You can create your Medical ID in the Health app that can be accessed without unlocking your iPhone.
Set up your Medical ID
To make your important health information accessible in case of an emergency, you can set up your Medical ID in the Health app on your iPhone.
Create your Medical ID:
- Open Health and tap Medical ID > Edit.
- Enter your emergency contacts and health information like your birth date, height, and blood type.
- Turn on Show When Locked to make your Medical ID available from the Lock screen. In an emergency, this gives people who want to help some important information, like the emergency contacts that you’ve entered.
- When you’re finished, tap Done.
Make an emergency call and access Medical ID
If an iPhone has a Medical ID, you can view emergency medical information on the device or make an emergency call. To view the Medical ID, open the Health app and tap Medical ID. If the iPhone is locked, follow these steps:
- Press the Home button.
- Tap Emergency.
- On the Emergency call screen, you can make a call or tap Medical ID to see emergency medical information stored on the device.